Monday, August 15, 2011

Digital Rocks And Rolls With The Express!



I got to meet one of my all-time favorite tag teams at the NWA Legends Fanfest in Atlanta, GA. They were one of the most popular tag teams ever. I'm talking about Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson -- The Rock 'N' Roll Express. They won four NWA world titles and is regarded among the all-time great tag teams. Pro Wrestling Illustrated ranked them at number four among the top 100 tag teams of all time, while the great book "The Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame -- The Tag Teams" has them at number six.

Before we took this picture, I mentioned to Ricky and Robert how it was great to see them wrestle in my hometown of Washington, DC. Robert, in typical Rock and Roll fashion, said to me, "we rocked and rolled down there, didn't we?"

Since I don't have an interview personally with them, here is a classic Rock and Roll Express interview followed by a commercial for the Rock 'N' Roll Express fan club!



And this is a classic matchup against their arch-rivals Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane, The Midnight Express from the Great American Bash in 1987.




No comments:

Post a Comment