Thursday, August 11, 2011

Welcome to One Man's Journey Through Wrestling History!

Hello! For those who don't know me, my name is Gary "Digital" Williams. In the blogosphere, I'm known for my blog about boxing in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area called Boxing Along The Beltway. I've been working that blog for six years and I'm quite proud of it.

I'm also proud of being an unabashed fan of the old-school style of pro wrestling. I remember taking many a trip to places like the Capital Centre in Largo, MD or the DC Armory in Washington to see everyone from Bruno Sammartino to Hulk Hogan to The Four Horsemen.

On August 4-7 of this year, I was able to relive some of those great moments by attending the NWA Wrestling Legends Fanfest at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Hotel in Atlanta, GA. There were about 60 wrestling legends at this event, people who were among my all-time favorites. It was an amazing event! Greg Price, who has put this event on for 10 years, along with his staff should be highly commended for putting on a first-class event for hardcore, old-school wrestling fans.

By the way, next year's event will be in Charlotte, NC on August 2-5.

The purpose of this blog is twofold. One, to share my personal journey through this event. I have pictures as well as some audio with some of the legends and personalities. Secondly, I plan to put up video of many of these legends and show why they are just that, legends. Youtube has a host of old video.

So I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment