Monday, September 19, 2011

Meeting Wrestling's 'Man With The Hands of Stone!'


Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Had the opportunity in Atlanta to meet another one of my favorites. This is a guy who was given a major push in the NWA Mid-Atlantic territory that resulted in him defeating Ric Flair almost 24 years ago -- September 25, 1987. The push was complete with inspirational videos set to Frank Sinatra's version of "My Way."

The man was almost unrecognizable until I heard him speak and realized it was the "Man With the Hands of Stone," Ronnie Garvin. I had never seen him with dark hair. Ronnie Garvin was extremely gracious and still said Baltimore was his favorite town -- he did win two of his regional titles (The National heavyweight title and the National TV title there).

But here is his biggest moment -- the entire championship title bout from the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, MI!

No comments:

Post a Comment